Firestone FD691 is a fuel efficient closed shoulder tandem axle drive tire designed for long- and regional-haul service.
Design and compounding advancements in the Firestone FD691 drive radial for tandem axle applications help deliver the fuel-efficiency performance demanded by long- and regional-haul fleets. And with features like continuous shoulder and high-rigidity tread pattern, casing durability and long tread life are not sacrificed. Plus, the FD691 is EPA SmartWay® verified and CARB-compliant.
Features & Benefits
- Tie bars control movement of the center and second tread blocks for low rolling resistance and long, even wear
- Continuous shoulder offers long, even wear and reduced rolling resistance by controlling movement of the ribs and blocks during rotation
- Flow-through design allows for water evacuation to enhance road grip
- Deep 26/32nds tread means more original tread life for high removal mileage
- Patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology limits energy loss for improved rolling resistance and optimum fuel efﬁ ciency
- High rigidity tread pattern offers long, even wear and reduced rolling resistance by controlling movement of the ribs and blocks during rotation
- Proprietary compound designed to limit energy loss to help improve fuel efﬁ ciency, both when new and when retreaded
- Innovative sidewall design reduces overall tire weight to improve fuel efﬁ ciency without sacriﬁ cing durability
- Optimized bead design lowers rolling resistance and improves fuel economy